Monday, December 5, 2011

About Me: Getting Real

This has been a monumental period in my life. I graduated medical school, passed all of my medical boards and licensing exam and will become a licensed Naturopathic Physician as of January 1st, 2012. I got my driver's license finally and gave birth to a beautiful baby boy who is thriving and making me smile every day. But there is one area of my life I have never been able to conquer: Obesity. I  have carried the label FAT around with me since I can remember, the childhood obesity hit me somewhere around prepubescence and has followed me ever since.
I just decided it is time to get real. I am 34, a mother of two boys, and now a doctor who weighs 250lbs. My weight impacts my ability to be employed , my longevity and my self-esteem.  I decided December 1st, 2011 that I will lose 105lbs by December 1st, 2014 and this blog will be my journal as I do it.

2 comments:

  1. I love it. I will be back. Keep telling it like it is. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! You are worthy of it!--fellow doc Sheryl w

    ReplyDelete